Historical Statistics for Lazarex Cancer Foundation
(June 2007 through December 2015)
- Our founders cover our annual overhead, so 100% of every direct donation goes to our program services
- Dollars expended on program services: $8,852,818.19
- Patients from 49 States: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin
- Patients from 14 Countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, England, Finland, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Russia United States and Virgin Islands.
- Patients with 147 different types of cancer
- Patients on 900 different clinical trials
- Patients ranging in age from 4 to 86 years, from all ethnic backgrounds
- Over 1650 patients with patient navigation and financial assistance for FDA clinical trial participation
- Community education, outreach and advocacy for more than 296,560 people
- Relationships with 39 of the 45 Comprehensive Cancer Centers 8 of 17 NCI designated Cancer Centers, 74 undesignated Cancer Centers, with 121 Clinical trial sites in total
- Percentage of donations applied directly to program services: 85%
- Volunteer hours: 8,632 valued at $355,965.27* (estimated)
To date Lazarex patients have lived over 280,305 days through participation in FDA clinical trials AFTER they were told nothing else could be done!!! THIS EQUATES TO 767 YEARS!!!
* This value was calculated based on figures published by Independent Sector, by state and task performed. The value of volunteer time is based on the average hourly earnings (as determined by the Bureau of Labor Statistics). Independent Sector takes this figure and increases it by 12 percent to estimate for fringe benefits. https://www.independentsector.org/resource/the-value-of-volunteer-time